Monday, March 24, 2014

The porch series

When Liz first told me to move down here I was slightly doubtful. I didn't know if I could leave my family, my friends who were like family, my job(s), my life in NYC…but for fun, I googled an image of St. John and the first thing I thought of was how much it looked like heaven. I think people that have visited here would agree - St. John is a piece of heaven. I decided I could do the move because I figured if  I moved to a place that was so closely connected to heaven - I'd be closer to Mom. 

The first few nights I just sat on the porch and took in the view, but finally, I started shooting it. And today I am finally sharing a few of those shots so you can close your eyes at your desk, on your couch, or wherever you are right now and sit on the porch with me….






























1 comment:

  1. If you think for a single second that your Mom isn't in those rays of sunshine coming down to kiss her beautiful daughter, girl... then you cray-cray! So proud of you, Mary! You are LIVING.

    ReplyDelete