Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tour de Europe


Last October my father and I boarded a plane to Germany for the 7th Eggentaler Herbst Classic Rally. I packed a few outfits, a passport, and my camera and headed off to Europe on October 1st for ten days. We arrived in Würzburg the first day, took a quick nap, and then went to check out my father’s car. Now, let me tell you a little about this car. First of all, it's no ordinary car. It's a 1939 BMW. My father purchased it in 1966 when he was a junior in high school for a very small fee. He drove the car for about 4 years before putting it into storage. In the early 90's he took it back out and attempted to find someone who could work on fixing the engine. Finally, after not being able to find anyone, he sent it over to Germany in 1998. Fast forward 15 years and here we are, his first ride in the car since before he put it in storage 43 years ago. 

So, back to our journey. After our nap we went out to grab our first beer and schnitzel (of many)  and walked around taking in some sights. The next day we began our drive up to the Ganischgerhof Hotel in Nova Pontente Bolzano, Italy. For three days we drove the BMW in the rally, and then ventured through northern Italy until our return back to Germany to fly home. The entire experience was absolutely amazing.  I've been meaning to share these photos for quite a while now, figured Father's Month was a good time. I call it Father's Month because, well, when your dad is as cool as mine is he deserves more than just a day.

I'll let the pictures tell you the rest of our story...












































No comments:

Post a Comment