Friday, December 20, 2013

Married in Tennessee


This was a very special wedding to me. I was shooting the wedding of my mother's brother. I boarded a plane on Friday morning to Tennessee with my siblings and spent the weekend in a gorgeous rental house we found online for an amazing deal. When I first found out that my uncle was getting married I was nervous. I thought I would only focus on missing my mom, and wishing so much that she was there with us to celebrate. Then my Uncle Neil reached out to me and asked if I would photograph the wedding. I immediately agreed. My sadness was replaced by a new focus on my uncle and his new wife and capturing as many emotions as I possibly could with my camera. Elisa, his wife, has two really sweet sisters and a very beautiful mother. I got to spend time with just them as they got ready and joked around before the church, things I would not have had the chance to do had I just attended as a guest. I got to walk with my uncle and Elisa around the gorgeous property where they got married. I got to see my uncle happy. It was such a beautiful day, and I think we all felt Mom there with us.








































No comments:

Post a Comment